BAT or Basic Attention Token is a utility token aiming to provide privacy-based web tools for advertisers and users to monetize attention on the web in a decentralized way via Blockchain-based technologies. Therefore, the BAT ecosystem moves around a browser (Brave), a privacy-based search engine (Brave Search), and a utility token (BAT). Users can opt-in to advertising, thus making money based on their attention to ads as they browse the web.
VBDE Blockchain Business Model Template
What is BAT?
Basic Attention Token (BAT) is among the renowned cryptocurrency tokens that many people already know. Compared with other blockchain tokens, BAT differs in the motivation behind its creation. Developed by the people behind the open-source internet browser Brave, BAT’s introduction promoted privacy protection and anonymous browsing. It is also the same reason why most people prefer BAT over any cryptocurrency token readily available.
The co-creator behind the popular browser, Mozilla Firefox, is responsible for developing the Basic Attention Token (BAT). Brendan Eich’s initial idea behind creating this blockchain technology is to further security, fairness, and digital advertising efficiency. The primary goal of BAT is to resolve the arising issues in web browsing and web-based advertising using an innovative digital currency and blockchain technology. Currently, BAT is developed on top of Ethereum and integrated into Brave web browser as its native token.
BAT Value Model
Core Philosophy & Solution
As emphasized in the BAT White Paper:
Digital advertising is broken. The marketplace for online advertising, once dominated by advertisers, publishers and users, has become overrun by “middleman” ad exchanges, audience segmentation, complicated behavioral and cross-device user tracking, and opaque cross-party sharing through data management platforms.
And it continues:
Publishers face falling revenue, users feel increasingly violated, and advertisers’ ability to assess effectiveness is diminished.
A decentralized, transparent digital ad exchange based on Blockchain.
How does the Basic Attention Token ecosystem address that? Via three core pieces:
- Brave: as highlighted in the White Paper that is “a fast, open source, privacy-focused browser that blocks third party ads and trackers, and builds in a ledger system that measures user attention to reward publishers accordingly.”
- BAT: a token that, as highlighted in the White Paper “for a decentralized ad exchange. It compensates the browser user for attention while protecting privacy. BAT connects advertisers, publishers, and users and is denominated by relevant user attention, while removing social and economic costs associated with existing ad networks, e.g., fraud, privacy violations, and malvertising.”
- Brave Search: a search engine that doesn’t track users. Indeed, back in March 2021, the Brave foundation acquired Tailcat, a search engine focused on privacy, which becomes the foundation of Brave Search.
Some of the core values highlighted in the launch of the BAT ecosystem are:
- Fairness: users will opt in to receive advertising.
- Anonymity: if users do opt in, “their attention will be privately monitored on-device in the Brave browser, without tracking.”
- Impact using proven blockchain technology: as users opt in to the advertising served by BAT, all is encrypted via a Blockchain infrastructure.
- Anonymous machine learning for relevance;
- Open source for transparency
Value Propositions of BAT
BAT’s extensive value proposition is the main reason it gets a lot of attention from different users. With that in mind, here are some of the specified groups who can take advantage of BAT:
Less expensive customer attention, less fraud, and better attribution.
BAT provides attractive incentives especially valuable for those working in the marketing and advertising industries. Integrating BAT into their advertisements enables them to acquire a plethora of data and various analytics. Using tools such as attention measurement systems and machine learning-based algorithms allow marketers to extract as much data as they need to produce effective strategies better. In other words, BAT provides them an opportunity to utilize objective data to deliver personalized, user-friendly advertisements that reap high ROI.
Improved revenue, better reporting, and less fraud.
Publishing companies can benefit from BAT for being compensated by both marketers and other users. With that in mind, they can benefit from expanding their reach with different advertisers. The feedback that publishers receive from the users themselves also allows them to improve their display and advertising elements.
Strong privacy and security when viewing advertisements, improved relevance and performance, and a share of tokens.
Integrating BAT as the native token for Brave web browser leads to several benefits. For example, users can receive BAT for just looking at a handful of advertisements. Many users choose to utilize their BAT to acquire different products and services. Additionally, some also prefer to donate the BAT back to the publishing companies to extend their support.
Main Free Guides: