A Decacorn is a company valued at over $10 billion. The top ten Decacorn Companies as of January 2019, comprise Bytedance, Uber, Didi Chuxing, WeWork, Lu.com, Airbnb, SpaceX, Palantir Technologies, Stripe and JUUL Labs.
With the rise of consumer technologies able to have worldwide traction, unicorns seem to be no longer the rule. In other words, a decade ago a billion dollar valuation was a strong position to be which allowed the company in that position to create a long-lasting advantage.
However, as of now 2019, this paradigm seems to have shifted toward Decacorn Companies, those that managed to reach over a ten billion dollar valuation!
Those Decacorns operate in the following industries:
- Digital Media/ AI
- Other Transportation
- Big Data
- Consumer Electronics
- Computer Hardware & Services
- Internet Software & Services
You can appreciate the business models used by Decacorn Companies in 2019 in the table below:
China Toutiao (Bytedance) $75 digital short-video format model powered by AI United States Uber $72 ride-sharing on-demand marketplace model China Didi Chuxing $56 digital media on-demand marketplace model United States WeWork $47 WeWork business model: office space sharing/real-estate-as-a-service model China Lu.com $38 online finance marketplace model United States Airbnb $29.30 e-commerce/on-demand home-sharing marketplace model United States SpaceX $21.50 space transportation model United States Palantir Technologies $20 big data-based enterprise SaaS model United States Stripe $20 payment marketplace model United States JUUL Labs $15 consumer electronics model United States Epic Games $15 digital games marketplace model United States $12.30 digital advertising model China Bitmain Technologies $12 crypto mining blockchain-based model United States Samumed $12 biotech-based model United States Lyft $11.50 ride-sharing on-demand marketplace model Singapore GrabTaxi $11 ride-sharing on-demand marketplace model United Kingdom Global Switch $11.08 multi-tenanted data centers-as-a-service model United States Infor $10 cloud-based enterprise SaaS model China DJI Innovations $10 drones products-based model India One97 Communications (operates Paytm) $10 marketplace and virtual bank model
If you download the data reference back at FourWeekMBA.com and CB Insights
Who do you think will be the next Decacorn?
- What Is a Business Model? 30 Successful Types of Business Models You Need to Know
- What Is a Business Model Canvas? Business Model Canvas Explained
- Blitzscaling Business Model Innovation Canvas In A Nutshell
- What Is a Value Proposition? Value Proposition Canvas Explained
- What Is a Lean Startup Canvas? Lean Startup Canvas Explained
- How to Build a Great Business Plan According to Peter Thiel
- What Is The Most Profitable Business Model?
- How To Create A Business Model
- What Is Business Model Innovation And Why It Matters
- What Is Blitzscaling And Why It Matters
- Marketing vs. Sales: How to Use Sales Processes to Grow Your Business
- The Power of Google Business Model in a Nutshell
- How Does Google Make Money? It’s Not Just Advertising!
- How Does DuckDuckGo Make Money? DuckDuckGo Business Model Explained
- How Amazon Makes Money: Amazon Business Model in a Nutshell
- How Does Netflix Make Money? Netflix Business Model Explained
- How Does Spotify Make Money? Spotify Business Model In A Nutshell
- The Trillion Dollar Company: Apple Business Model In A Nutshell
- DuckDuckGo: The [Former] Solopreneur That Is Beating Google at Its Game