Workday is an American software vendor that was founded by David Duffield in 2005.
The company sells cloud-based human capital management (HCM), corporate planning, and finance tools to medium and large enterprises.
In 2021, Workday was ranked #1 in the global HCM industry with an 8.4% market share. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the company’s primary competitors.
Oracle HCM is a cloud-based human capital management solution and is a significant improvement on Oracle’s former on-premise product known as PeopleSoft.
Oracle HCM is promoted as a complete solution that connects every human resource process from employee recruitment until retirement.
Companies can also leverage the platform to conduct strategic workforce planning, address health and safety concerns, reduce instances of fraud, and minimize security risks.
Some of Oracle’s major clients include Hitachi, Hormel Foods, Fujifilm, and Fujitsu.
SAP SuccessFactors bills itself as a human experience management (HXM) provider that focuses on maximizing employee performance.
Instead of incorporating the standard processes, steps, and procedures of HCM, SAP’s platform delivers a more personalized experience to ensure employees remain productive, motivated, satisfied, and engaged.
SAP SuccessFactors is used by 191 million users across 12,000 businesses of all sizes.
The platform was also named as a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice in 2021.
Zoho People Plus
Zoho People Plus is a unified HR platform with the entire employee life cycle able to be managed on a single, integrated platform.
The core components of the platform and some of their associated features include:
- Talent acquisition – candidate sourcing, resume parsing, and offer letter management.
- Core HR – time and attendance management, document management, and people analytics.
- Talent management – performance management, 360-degree feedback, and key responsibility areas (KRAs).
- Employee engagement – internal portal, business-ready charts, and employee social walls.
Zenefits is a solution tailored to expanding companies that desire scalable software.
Customers can take a free trial or choose from three monthly plans charged according to the number of employees.
Features such as payroll and access to Zenefits HR experts can be purchased for an extra fee.
BambooHR collates and organizes the information a company has on its employees and then helps it achieve beneficial outcomes.
The platform, which is aimed at SMBs, is designed to be clear, intuitive, and simple to use.
It also allows small businesses to create a desirable culture that will serve them well in years to come.
BambooHR’s main competitive advantage is its expense tracking, reporting, and employee benefits management capabilities. Notable clients include Asana, Vimeo, Lucid, and SoundCloud.
- Workday is an American software vendor that was founded by David Duffield in 2005. The company is a global leader in the HCM industry with an 8.4% market share.
- Major players Oracle and SAP also sell a cloud-based HCM product, with the latter redefining HCM as employee experience management (HXM) to maximize employee and organizational performance.
- Workday competitors who offer more scalable solutions for small to medium-sized businesses include BambooHR and Zenefits.
Main Free Guides:
- Business Models
- Business Strategy
- Business Development
- Digital Business Models
- Distribution Channels
- Marketing Strategy
- Platform Business Models
- Tech Business Model