Amazon had 1,541,000 full-time and part-time employees in 2022, generating $333,539 per employee, compared to over $292,000 in 2021.
|Amazon Employees||1,541,000 full-time and part-time employees|
|Revenues per Employee||$333,539|
|Year & Place Founded||July 5, 1994, Bellevue, WA|
|Year of IPO||5/15/1997|
|Total Revenues at IPO||$15.75 million|
|Total Revenues in 2022||$514B|
Revenue per employee in Big Tech
- Revenue per employee declined from 2019 to 2020, but then increased significantly in 2021 and 2022.
- Tesla experienced the highest percentage increase in revenue per employee from 2020 to 2022 (43.0%).
- Revenue per employee decreased from 2019 to 2020 and continued to decrease in 2021, reaching its lowest point.
- In 2022, Amazon’s revenue per employee rebounded, but it was still below the 2019 level.
- Meta (formerly Facebook):
- Microsoft’s revenue per employee increased steadily from 2019 to 2022, although the increase was relatively modest compared to other companies.
Key Trends in Revenue Per Employee in Big Tech
- Apple consistently had the highest revenue per employee among the listed companies.
- Tesla exhibited the most significant percentage increase in revenue per employee from 2020 to 2022.
- Amazon was the only company that experienced a decrease in revenue per employee for two consecutive years (from 2019 to 2021).
- Microsoft displayed the most consistent and steady growth in revenue per employee over the years, although at a more modest rate compared to other companies.
- Google and Meta had a fluctuating trend in revenue per employee, with both companies experiencing a decrease in 2022 compared to 2021.
Read Next: Amazon Business Model