In this article, we’ll see three one-page tools to give entrepreneurs clarity of mind on their overall business in order to take actions to build a sustainable venture that unlocks value for many players in the long-term.
Business model canvas
The nine building blocks of the business model canvas comprise vital partners, key activities, value propositions, customer relationships, customer segments, critical resources, channels, cost structure, and revenue streams.
The business model canvas comprises nine building blocks:
- Key partners
- Key activities
- Value proposition
- Customer relationship
- Customer segment
- Key resource
- Distribution channel
- Cost structure
- Revenue stream
Lean startup canvas
The lean startup canvas is an adaptation of the business model canvas by Alexander Osterwalder, which adds a layer to the traditional business model canvas that focuses on problems, solutions, key metrics and unfair advantage based on a unique value proposition.
You can learn more about the lean startup canvas:
- Business plans rarely survive first contact with customers
- Five-year plans are worthless and a waste of time
- Start-ups are not smaller versions of large companies
- The lean start-up movement is about agile development
Value proposition canvas
A value proposition is about how you create value for customers. Value Proposition Canvas is a methodology which integrated with the business model canvas can help you design a value proposition for your business model.
For a deep dive into the value proposition canvas:
- What is a value proposition?
- The customer profile
- The value map
Building a startup, a small business or a solo business isn’t a simple process.
Instead, that is a process that requires a lot of ongoing experimentation, feedback loops with customers, back to the product and back to the market.
This process can be simplified with simple tools that in a page can allow the entrepreneur to have a clear idea about the business and start taking actions to build a sustainable business model!
Handpicked business models:
- How Does PayPal Make Money? The PayPal Mafia Business Model Explained
- How Does WhatsApp Make Money? WhatsApp Business Model Explained
- How Does Google Make Money? It’s Not Just Advertising!
- How Does Facebook Make Money? Facebook Hidden Revenue Business Model Explained
- Marketing vs. Sales: How to Use Sales Processes to Grow Your Business
- The Google of China: Baidu Business Model In A Nutshell
- Accenture Business Model In A Nutshell
- Salesforce: The Multi-Billion Dollar Subscription-Based CRM
- How Does Twitter Make Money? Twitter Business Model In A Nutshell
- How Does DuckDuckGo Make Money? DuckDuckGo Business Model Explained
- How Amazon Makes Money: Amazon Business Model in a Nutshell
- How Does Netflix Make Money? Netflix Business Model Explained