Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA) is certification in the form of guidance and training for business analysts seeking to work in agile environments. To support this shift, AgileBA also helps the business analyst relate Agile projects to a wider organizational mission or strategy. To ensure that analysts have the necessary skills and expertise, AgileBA certification was developed.
Understanding Agile Business Analysis
With many organizations now adopting agile principles, the role of a business analyst within an agile project team is critical. Many traditional approaches to project management are outdated in the sense that they are rigid and inflexible. While modern businesses have a greater need for flexibility and adaptability, the services of a skilled business analyst in finding process improvements are still required.
The certification is designed for aspiring or current business analysts who wish to adopt a flexible, collaborative, and fast-paced approach to doing business.
Importantly, Agile Business Analysis ensures that this approach does not come at the expense of robust business management standards.
Core outcomes of Agile BA training
AgileBA training is based on a handbook published by the Agile Business Consortium. The handbook is the first comprehensive guide for business analysts working on agile projects.
It seeks to assist analysts in several areas, including:
- The application of AgileBA principles, processes, and philosophies in a real-world project scenario.
- Identifying and then applying popular Agile techniques such as MoSCoW and timeboxing.
- Using the Agile approach to manage or prioritize project requirements using requirement lifecycles.
- Understanding the various roles and responsibilities of individuals within a project team.
- Understanding support and facilitation mechanisms within an Agile project.
- Testing, estimating, or evaluating the delivery of benefits associated with Agile processes and projects.
Benefits of Agile Business Analysis to business
An analyst qualified in AgileBA can offer several benefits to businesses.
Here are a few of them:
- Highlighting process improvements through data analysis and metric tracking. Certified analysts assess projects holistically and provide guidance when a project is too wasteful or has suffered from scope creep.
- The clear communication of agile ideas and principles to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Assisting in the defining and designing of user interfaces and relevant user requirements.
- Helping businesses remain goal-oriented. To some extent, this allows businesses to enjoy the tighter controls of traditional management structure while also benefitting from Agile principles.
- The adding of value to project development teams. Note that the business analyst does not implement valuable solutions, they simply ensure that valuable solutions are created. Such solutions are defined as any solutions that address consumer needs and align with broader organizational goals.
- Agile Business Analysis helps business analysts improve Agile project management in modern organizations.
- Agile Business Analysis is based on the AgileBA handbook, the first such book to provide comprehensive guidance on the role that an analyst plays in the context of Agile practices.
- Agile Business Analysis has many benefits to business operations. Chief among these is ensuring that projects are relevant to individual and organizational needs, stay on track, and achieve their stipulated goals.
Main Free Guides: