Apple mission is “to bringing the best user experience to its customers through its innovative hardware, software, and services.” And in a manifesto dated 2009 Tim Cook set the vision specified as “We believe that we are on the face of the earth to make great products and that’s not changing.”
Why does it matter?
Breaking down Apple mission statement
The Company is committed to bringing the best user experience to its customers through its innovative hardware, software and services.
Apple points this out in its annual report for 2018. Understanding the elements of Apple mission statement is critical:
- Best user experience
- Innovative hardware
- Innovative software and services
Not surprisingly Apple products are beautifully crafted. Everything about Apple products has to be designed with maximum attention to details.
At the same time, Apple has leveraged on software, integrated within the hardware that made its products more valuable for users. An iPhone without its App Store would not be worth much, even though that is a beautiful device.
This also leads to a clear business strategy for Apple:
The Company’s business strategy leverages its unique ability to design and develop its own operating systems, hardware, application software and services to provide its customers products and solutions with innovative design, superior ease-of-use and seamless integration.
And a set of business objectives to be achieved:
As part of its strategy, the Company continues to expand its platform for the discovery and delivery of digital content and applications through its Digital Content and Services, which allows customers to discover and download or stream digital content, iOS, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV applications, and books through either a Mac or Windows personal computer or through iPhone, iPad and iPod touch® devices (“iOS devices”), Apple TV, Apple Watch and HomePod.
The Company also supports a community for the development of third-party software and hardware products and digital content that complement the Company’s offerings.
Also, it can leverage resources to achieve the business goals defined within its mission statement. Indeed, part of the “best user experience” implies a high-quality buying experience, where the whole process is controlled and customized:
The Company believes a high-quality buying experience with knowledgeable salespersons who can convey the value of the Company’s products and services greatly enhances its ability to attract and retain customers.
Therefore, the Company’s strategy also includes building and expanding its own retail and online stores and its third-party distribution network to effectively reach more customers and provide them with a high-quality sales and post-sales support experience.
The Company believes ongoing investment in research and development (“R&D”), marketing and advertising is critical to the development and sale of innovative products, services and technologies.
Breaking down Apple vision statement
- The Trillion Dollar Company: Apple Business Model In A Nutshell
- Apple Distribution: The Apple Store Is Not About Selling iPhones
- Revisiting The Apple-NeXT Deal And Why It Mattered
- A Decade-Long Evolution Of Apple Sales By Products
- Who Owns Apple? How The Trillion Dollar Apple Inc. Has Changed Hands
- Apple vs. Google Business Models In A Nutshell
- How To Write A Mission Statement
- What Is a Business Model? 30 Successful Types of Business Models You Need to Know
- Business Strategy: Definition, Examples, And Case Studies
- What Is a Business Model Canvas? Business Model Canvas Explained
- Blitzscaling Business Model Innovation Canvas In A Nutshell
- What Is a Value Proposition? Value Proposition Canvas Explained
- What Is a Lean Startup Canvas? Lean Startup Canvas Explained
- What Is Market Segmentation? the Ultimate Guide to Market Segmentation
- Marketing Strategy: Definition, Types, And Examples