Agile Program Management is a means of managing, planning, and coordinating interrelated work in such a way that value delivery is emphasized for all key stakeholders. Agile Program Management (AgilePgM) is a disciplined yet flexible agile approach to managing transformational change within an organization.
Understanding Agile Program Management
AgilePgM was designed for practicing or aspiring program managers and team members. Using this approach, participants manage large-scale transformational activities (programs) with discipline, collaboration, and flexibility.
Primarily, this is achieved through the iterative and incremental delivery of outputs and benefits. This allows businesses to be adaptable to change in what is becoming an increasingly dynamic business environment.
Benefits of AgilePgM for individuals and businesses
Individuals who undertake AgilePgM training will:
- Gain a more advanced understanding of agile principles in the context of program management.
- Recognize that successful agile programs will require a different style of management than traditional programs.
- Learn how to facilitate collaboration and trust between key stakeholders by making operations more visible.
- Encourage active stakeholder involvement, feedback, and controls to realize incremental and iterative benefits.
For organizations, AgilePgM will enable them to:
- Deliver transformational change that is faster, cheaper, and lower risk by assessing program goals and benefits against the wider organizational strategy.
- Complement existing corporate methodologies such as Prince2, MSP, and AgilePM. This also encompasses quality control and auditing processes.
- Increase the professionalism of employees through the inclusion of agile certification in professional development opportunities.
- Adopt a proven approach to agile management instead of committing to a costly and less-effective company-specific plan.
The five principles of Agile Program Management
Agile Program Management has five core principles, listed below:
- Program goals must be clearly and continuously aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Benefits are realized incrementally and as early as possible.
- Governance focuses on creating a coherent capability.
- Decision-making powers are delegated to the lowest possible level.
- Agile programs are iterative. They can contain both agile and non-agile projects.
Who will benefit from undertaking AgilePgM training?
Employees who are responsible for implementing program change within an organization will benefit the most from AgilePgM training.
This includes a vast array of positions and responsibilities, including:
- Project management office (PMO) staff.
- Governance staff, such as those employed in finance, strategy, or compliance.
- Risk managers.
- Agile program procurement professionals.
- Agile program project managers.
- Sponsoring groups.
- Agile Program Management addresses the needs of businesses that are seeking to scale agile practices to the program level.
- Agile Program Management allows businesses to deliver transformational change that is more efficient and with lower risk than traditional change strategies. This is achieved through aligning company goals with agile change management strategies. Such strategies are cost-effective since they do not need to be tailored to the individual needs of the company.
- Agile Program Management certification is suitable for anyone who is involved in implementing program change within an organization. Examples include PMO officers, governance staff, and those involved with agile program procurement.
Main Free Guides: