Puma is owned by Artémis Group, a luxury powerhouse founded in 1992 by French billionaire François Pinault, and which also owns the Kering Group (with brands spanning from Gucci to Balenciaga, Sant Laurent, and many others). Kering controlled Puma before it was spun off from it by 2020, and it is now managed directly by the Artémis Group, owned by the Pinault family.
Puma: A Brand Within Artémis Group
Puma, a renowned sports apparel and footwear brand, is currently owned by Artémis Group, a luxury powerhouse founded in 1992 by French billionaire François Pinault. Artémis Group also owns the Kering Group, which boasts an impressive portfolio of luxury brands, including Gucci, Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, and many others. Puma’s journey under the ownership of Artémis Group has been intertwined with the strategic moves within the luxury conglomerate.
The Founding of Artémis Group
Artémis Group was established by François Pinault, a prominent figure in the luxury industry. Over the years, the Pinault family has played a significant role in shaping the group’s holdings and strategic direction.
Puma’s Journey within the Kering Group
Kering Group, under Artémis Group’s ownership, initially controlled Puma as one of its prized assets. During this period, Kering leveraged its expertise in luxury fashion to elevate Puma’s brand image and expand its global presence.
The Spin-Off from Kering Group
In a strategic move, Puma was spun off from the Kering Group in 2020. This decision allowed Puma to operate as an independent entity directly under the management of Artémis Group.
Direct Management by Artémis Group
Following the spin-off, Puma is now directly managed by Artémis Group, which means it is wholly owned and operated by the Pinault family’s luxury conglomerate.
A Diverse Luxury Portfolio
Artémis Group’s portfolio includes a diverse range of luxury brands, showcasing its dominance in the high-end fashion market. The group’s holdings span from iconic names like Gucci and Balenciaga to renowned labels such as Saint Laurent, among others.
Puma’s Continued Success
Under the stewardship of Artémis Group, Puma has continued to thrive as a leading sports brand. Known for its innovative designs and cutting-edge technology, Puma has cemented its place in the athletic and lifestyle fashion markets.
Puma’s journey as part of Artémis Group, alongside the prestigious Kering Group, reflects the luxury powerhouse’s commitment to fashion excellence. The strategic spin-off from Kering Group and subsequent direct management by Artémis Group have allowed Puma to continue its trajectory as a global sports and lifestyle brand. As an integral part of Artémis Group’s diverse luxury portfolio, Puma’s future remains bright under the stewardship of the Pinault family’s luxury empire.
Puma and Artémis Group Highlights:
- Ownership: Puma, a globally recognized sports apparel and footwear brand, is owned by Artémis Group.
- Artémis Group’s Foundation: Founded in 1992 by the French billionaire François Pinault, Artémis Group is a luxury conglomerate that has a notable presence in the luxury fashion industry.
- Kering’s Initial Control: Puma was initially under the control of the Kering Group, another luxury powerhouse within the Artémis Group’s portfolio. Brands under Kering include luxury giants like Gucci, Balenciaga, and Saint Laurent.
- Strategic Spin-Off: In 2020, Puma was strategically spun off from the Kering Group, marking a significant shift in its management structure.
- Direct Management: Post the spin-off, Puma now operates under the direct management of the Artémis Group, showcasing the Pinault family’s continued investment and belief in the brand.
- Diverse Portfolio: Artémis Group’s diverse luxury portfolio includes several high-end brands, with Puma being a key player in the sports and lifestyle segment.
- Puma’s Growth: Under Artémis Group’s ownership, Puma has continued its upward trajectory, further establishing itself as a leading brand in the sports and fashion sectors.
Related Visual Stories
Main Free Guides: