Slack’s mission is to “Make work life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.” According to the company: “Slack is the collaboration hub that brings the right people, information and tools together to get work done.”
Slack Mission Statement Analysis
- More simple,
- More pleasant,
- And more productive.
Slack facilitates instant and uninterrupted communication between subordinates, colleagues, and superiors.
Individuals can use Slack to easily contact others – irrespective of whether they are colleagues or employed by another company.
They can also work collaboratively in channels where emojis simplify communication and “mentions” attract the attention of the right people.
Within these channels, users can also share audio or video clips containing important project information.
The file itself is attached to the conversation to provide context for all participants, and information can be accessed regardless of one’s location, function, or time zone.
Pleasantness is a little difficult to define, but here are two features we believe Slack’s mission statement and make work more enjoyable for its customers:
These are utilized by teams to easily reach consensus via assessment of available options.
Huddles are audio-centric and intend to replicate the fast, informal, team discussions that occur in a traditional office.
Slack also noted that for employees, huddles were a much-needed alternative to back-to-back video calls.
This feature enables users to delay the sending of important messages to a more convenient time for the recipient.
Using scheduled send, teams can communicate more effectively and empathetically with others.
Productivity is demonstrated by Slack’s platform which unites over 2,500 apps and enables teams to streamline communications and automate manual processes.
This means Slack customers have more time to focus on the creative aspects of their work.
Slack Connect is the primary way productivity is enhanced on the platform. Conversations with partners, vendors, and customers can be moved from siloed email threads to a more efficient collaboration interface.
This approach results in impressive benefits to Slack Connect users, with the company claiming that the service increases the speed of the deal cycle for sales teams by 400% and reduces backlog tickets for customer support by 64%.
The productivity of Slack’s mission statement is also supported by:
- The ability to build and connect new workflows across organizations and share, streamline, or simplify routine tasks.
- Robust client relationships in channels that provide top-tier enterprise support and decrease response times, and
- Enterprise-grade security features and compliance standards that reduce inefficiencies related to spam attacks and email phishing.
- Slack’s mission statement is to “Make work life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.” According to the company’s website, “Slack is the collaboration hub that brings the right people, information and tools together to get work done.”
- Slack facilitates instant and uninterrupted communication between subordinates, colleagues, and superiors. Files containing important information are attached to conversations to provide context and are accessible to all participants regardless of function or location.
- The pleasantness of the Slack platform is enhanced by a feature that provides a welcome alternative to back-to-back video calls. Slack Connect, on the other hand, is the primary way productivity is enhanced on the platform.
Read Next: Slack Business Model
Read: Mission Statement Examples.
Mission Statement Case Studies
Main Free Guides: