Adidas’ mission is “To be the best sports brand in the world.” Adidas AG is a German multinational initially founded in 1924 by Adolf Dassler who developed spiked running shoes out of his mother’s house. Today, the company is the largest sportswear producer in Europe and the second largest globally behind rival Nike.
The Adidas mission statement reads as follows:
“Athletes do not settle for average. And neither do we. We have a clear mission: To be the best sports brand in the world. Every day, we come to work to create and sell the best sports products in the world, and to offer the best service and consumer experience – and to do it all in a sustainable way. We are the best when we are the credible, inclusive, and sustainable leader in our industry.”
|Vision||“To be the best sports brand in the world.”||– Clear and aspirational vision focused on global leadership in the sports brand industry.|
|Mission||“Athletes do not settle for average. And neither do we. We have a clear mission: To be the best sports brand in the world. Every day, we come to work to create and sell the best sports products in the world, and to offer the best service and consumer experience – and to do it all in a sustainable way. We are the best when we are the credible, inclusive, and sustainable leader in our industry.”||Comprehensive mission emphasizing: – Excellence in sports products, service, and consumer experience. – Commitment to sustainability. – Pursuit of credibility and inclusivity. – The mission reflects the company’s holistic approach to leadership in the sports brand industry.|
|Objectives||1. Create the best sports products. 2. Offer the best service and consumer experience. 3. Be credible, inclusive, and sustainable leader in the industry.||– Objectives align with the mission, emphasizing: – Product quality and innovation. – Exceptional service and consumer satisfaction. – Industry leadership with a focus on credibility, inclusivity, and sustainability. – The objectives act as strategic goals that drive the company’s actions and initiatives.|
|Key Takeaways||– Adidas aims to achieve global leadership by delivering top-quality sports products and exceptional consumer experiences. – The company’s commitment to sustainability underscores its responsibility toward the environment. – Credibility and inclusivity are core values that enhance brand reputation.||– Vision and mission prioritize excellence, sustainability, and inclusivity. – The “impossible is nothing” attitude reflects optimism and innovation. – A customer-centric strategy acknowledges the pivotal role of consumers in shaping industry trends. – Sustainability and ethics are integral to Adidas’ mission, enhancing its brand image.|
The best sports products and brands in the world
The company’s BOOST running shoes are one of its most successful, known for their revolutionary cushioned soles that store energy at the midsole and then release it with every step to power the athlete forward.
Launched in 2013, the performance shoe also found favor in the lifestyle market and helped Adidas kickstart (and profit from) the athleisure trend that followed.
To become its version of the best brand in the world, Adidas exhibits an attitude that considers no aspiration to be impossible.
This is backed by a specially crafted statement that reads: “We see the world of sport and culture with possibility where others only see the impossible. ‘Impossible is Nothing’ is not a tagline for us. By being optimistic and knowing the power of sport, we see endless possibilities to apply this power and push all people forward with action.”
The best service and consumer experience
Adidas’s Own the Game strategy, which takes the company out to 2025, ensures that consumers remain central to every action it performs.
Adidas also understands that it is consumers who drive industry tends via their preferences and behaviors and not the companies who develop products. Indeed, the customers of today are more active and desire healthier lifestyles facilitated by sustainable products and technology.
To enable Adidas to grow over the next few years, the company wants to deepen its relationship with consumers by meeting their needs and living its purpose to change their lives through the power of sport.
Sustainability and credibility
Adidas’s sustainability commitment has been an established part of its business operations for over 20 years.
The company is sharpening its focus on sustainably in the short term with several key targets for 2025 and beyond. These include:
- By 2025, 90% of all Adidas products sold will be sustainable. Adidas defines “sustainable products” as those whose materials benefit the environment when compared to conventional products.
- By 2030, the company wants to reduce GHG emissions by 30% with climate neutrality for its entire value chain forecast to occur by 2050.
- Related to its commitment to people is an initiative to become more involved in Human Rights and Environmental Due Diligence (HREDD). By 2025, Adidas hopes to have established a system that enables it to identify human rights issues across the whole of its value chain.
- Adidas’s mission is to become the best sports brand in the world with superior levels of customer service and brand experience. Like most other companies, Adidas has also incorporated diversity and sustainability into its mission statement.
- To become what it considers the best brand in the world, Adidas has crafted an “attitude statement” that details a belief that no aspiration in the world of sport or culture is impossible.
- Adidas’s Own the Game strategy ensures its customers remain central to every action it performs. No matter how innovative Adidas may be as a company, it recognizes that it is consumers who drive industry trends and the direction of product development.
- Adidas’ Mission and Overview:
- Mission Statement: Adidas’ mission is to be the best sports brand in the world, striving for excellence in sports products, service, and consumer experience.
- German Multinational: Founded in 1924 by Adolf Dassler, Adidas is a German multinational and the largest sportswear producer in Europe and second largest globally after Nike.
- Innovation and Best Products:
- Innovation-Centric Brand: Adidas is known for innovation and quality.
- BOOST Running Shoes: Adidas’ BOOST running shoes, launched in 2013, feature cushioned soles that store and release energy, becoming both a performance and lifestyle hit.
- Attitude and Aspirations:
- Impossible is Nothing: Adidas adopts an attitude that sees possibilities where others see the impossible.
- Optimism and Possibilities: The company believes in the endless possibilities of applying the power of sport to push people forward.
- Customer-Centric Strategy:
- Own the Game Strategy: Adidas’ strategy until 2025 revolves around making customers central to every action.
- Elevating Brand Experience: The company focuses on increasing brand credibility and delivering an elevated brand experience.
- Consumer-Driven Trends: Acknowledging that consumers drive trends and product direction, Adidas aims to deepen its relationship with them.
- Sustainability and Credibility:
- Longstanding Sustainability Commitment: Adidas has focused on sustainability for over 20 years.
- 2025 Sustainability Targets: By 2025, 90% of Adidas products sold will be sustainable, and by 2030, the company aims to reduce GHG emissions by 30%.
- Human Rights and Environmental Due Diligence (HREDD): Adidas seeks to establish a system by 2025 to identify human rights issues across its entire value chain.
- Key Focus Areas:
- Excellence in Products, Service, and Experience: Adidas aims to be the best sports brand by excelling in product innovation, service, and consumer experience.
- Optimism and Aspiration: The company fosters an attitude that sees possibilities beyond the ordinary.
- Customer-Centric Approach: Adidas recognizes consumers as trendsetters and seeks to meet their evolving needs.
- Sustainability and Ethics: Sustainability and human rights are integral parts of Adidas’ mission and vision.
Read: Mission Statement Examples.