Understanding LinkedIn’s mission statement
There are three main components to LinkedIn’s mission statement: connection, productivity, and success.
We have taken the time to explain each of them in detail below.
From reading LinkedIn’s mission statement, one can easily appreciate that the platform’s primary purpose is to connect professionals with other professionals.
What’s more, with over 850 million members around the world, it is also easy to appreciate how many connections LinkedIn must facilitate on a daily basis.
LinkedIn is essentially a social networking platform where users can connect with others, apply for positions, search for those with specific credentials, and find information on companies of interest.
To that end, users can comment on the articles written by others or write their own thought-leadership articles to start a discussion around a pertinent topic.
LinkedIn offers numerous learning and development courses for employees or job seekers.
On the LinkedIn Learning Blog, one can find productivity tips on:
- How to deliver an engaging and effective remote presentation.
- How to stay focused throughout the day.
- How to work in teams.
- How to communicate with colleagues, and
- How to manage stress.
The company’s 2022 Skills Bracket Challenge also teaches employees that learning new skills is a key part of resilience and doing one’s best work.
One of the courses mentioned during the challenge was entitled Humane Productivity: Burnout Proof Your Performance.
In the course, creator Rahaf Harfoush reiterates to employees that non-stop hustle does not lead to increased performance.
He also explains that productivity is never about feeling guilty if one is unproductive or wants to take a day off.
The aforementioned learning and development courses also play an important role in employee success.
But does employee success enable the company to achieve its mission?
In any given week, around 40 million people are searching for jobs on LinkedIn, with three of these job seekers hired every minute.
Job seekers with a comprehensive LinkedIn profile were also 71% more likely to get a job interview and a recent study found that 35.5 million users have been hired by a person they connected with on the platform.
LinkedIn’s vision statement
LinkedIn’s vision statement is to:
“Create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce.”
In a hint to how important this vision is to the company, former CEO Jeff Weiner once said that:
“creating economic opportunity will be the defining issue of our time. That’s why I’m here and why I can’t imagine doing any other job. Simply put, what we do matters, and matters even more than ever.”
- LinkedIn’s mission statement reads as follows: “The mission of LinkedIn is simple: connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.”
- LinkedIn’s mission statement is comprised of three key components: connection, productivity, and success. With over 800 million users and extensive learning and development opportunities, LinkedIn users can improve their productivity, upskill, network with others, or successfully find new employment.
- LinkedIn’s vision statement is to “Create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce.” This powerful, emotionally evocative vision supports the realization of the company’s mission.
Read: Mission Statement Examples.
Mission Statement Case Studies
Main Free Guides: