ZipRecruiter is a job board platform that syndicates vacancies across similar sites, primarily monetizing the service as a subscription, from a base price of $249 per month going up depending on the features offered within the subscription tier. With a service called ZipAlerts, the company also makes money with a PPC model.
ZipRecruiter was founded in 2010 by Ian Sigel, Joe Edmonds, Will Redd, and Ward Poulos to provide a reliable and effective platform for recruiters and jobseekers.
Ziprecruiter is one of the hundreds or possibly thousands of online job boards.
However, a recruiter who posts a new position on ZipRecruiter will then have that position syndicated across more than 100 similar websites.
For businesses, this removes a lot of the time and expense associated with the recruitment process.
Once the job advertisement is live, recruitment officers can easily peruse the list of applications and profile information through a dedicated portal.
Proprietary technology also allows recruitment managers to scan through a resume database and invite suitable candidates to apply.
ZipRecruiter revenue generation
ZipRecruiter is unique among job board providers in that it offers flexible and lucrative pricing plans.
Indeed, the subscription-model is how the company makes the bulk of its money.
Extra charges apply according to:
- How many job advertisements the business post every month.
- The location and/or industry of the business.
- The number of resume downloads required.
- The number of employees forecast to use the ZipRecruiter interface.
ZipRecruiter offers Standard, Premium, and Enterprise plans, with the latter two plans including extra features such as dedicated support, premium job placements, and access to a larger database.
Prices toward the Enterprise end of ZipRecruiter packages are available upon request. In general, the more frequently a business wants to advertise the deeper its pockets must be.
Job seekers who use ZipRecruiter can be sent targeted job advertisements via email, provided they meet certain criteria.
ZipAlerts is a pay-per-click (PPC) advertising program allowing recruitment managers to target suitably qualified individuals in their inbox.
Each time the individual clicks an ad, the business doing the advertising has to pay ZipRecruiter a small fee. Ultimately, the exact fee amount is dependent upon the location and type of job advertised and the demand for jobs in the particular industry.
- ZipRecruiter was created in 2011 to provide an effective and reliable platform for both job seekers and hiring businesses.
- ZipRecruiter offers flexible and tailored pricing plans which provide a point of difference in the job search industry. This is particularly true for medium to large enterprises who can work with dedicated account managers to tailor a plan according to their unique needs.
- ZipRecruiter also makes money by selling software to businesses who want to start their own job boards. The company also collects a fee by allowing recruitment managers to target suitable candidates through email PPC advertising.
Related Business Model Case Studies
- How Does Robinhood Make Money
- How Does Venmo Make Money
- How Does Honey Make Money
- How Does YouTube Make Money
- How Does Telegram Make Money
- How Does Discord Make Money
Main Free Guides: