As startups gain control of new markets. They expand in adjacent areas in disparate and different industries by coupling the new activities to benefits customers. Thus, even though the adjunct activities might see far from the core business model, they are tied to the way customers experience the whole business model.
Amazon Prime case study
Amazon Prime offers premium content available on its streaming platform. And yet, it also bundles up free delivery, which makes the repeat purchases on Amazon e-commerce much more convenient. Thus enhancing its overall business model.
Similar business phenomena
- What is Unbundling
- What is Disintermediation
- What is Decoupling
- Platform Business Models In A Nutshell
- Network Effects In A Nutshell
- What Are Diseconomies Of Scale And Why They Matter
Other resources for your business:
- Types of Business Models You Need to Know
- Business Strategy: Definition, Examples, And Case Studies
- What Is Market Segmentation? the Ultimate Guide to Market Segmentation
- Marketing Strategy: Definition, Types, And Examples
- Marketing vs. Sales: How to Use Sales Processes to Grow Your Business
- How To Write A Mission Statement
- What is Growth Hacking?