Both movements took off in the mid-1980s, but they took opposite directions. Where fast fashion, with players like Zara and H&M, took over the fashion industry by leveraging shorter design-manufacturing-distribution cycles, slow fashion focused on sourcing sustainability, quality, and sustainability of the supply chain as the key elements.
Read Next: SHEIN, ASOS, Zara, Slow Fashion, Fast Fashion, Ultra-Fast Fashion, Real-Time Retail.
Related Visual Resources
Patagonia Organizational Structure
Read Next: Zara Business Model, Inditex, Fast Fashion Business Model, Ultra Fast Fashion Business Model, SHEIN Business Model.
Other business resources:
- What Is Business Model Innovation
- What Is a Business Model
- What Is A Heuristic
- What Is Bounded Rationality
- What Is Business Development
- What Is Business Strategy
- What is Blitzscaling
- What Is a Value Proposition
- What Is a Lean Startup Canvas
- What Is Market Segmentation
- What Is a Marketing Strategy
- What is Growth Hacking