The Coca-Cola Company is an American multinational beverage corporation founded in 1892 by pharmacist Asa Griggs Candler. Many consumers associate the company with its signature soda in a red can or bottle. In truth, however, The Coca-Cola Company owns a plethora of soft drink, juice, tea, coffee, and other beverage brands.
Coke is arguably the most popular soft drink in the world, with the company claiming over 90% of people recognize its distinctive red and white packaging.
Diet Coke was later introduced in 1982 as a sugar-free derivative. Together, Coke and Diet Coke comprise two of the top five bestselling sparkling non-alcoholic beverages in the world.
Fanta and Sprite
Fanta and Sprite are two of The Coca-Cola company’s oldest brands.
Fanta was first introduced around 1941 and was the result of trade embargoes against Germany on cola syrup. This necessitated that a new drink is invented made from ingredients available within the country at the time.
Sprite, a lemon-lime soft drink, was introduced twenty years later in 1961 to compete with similar beverage 7 Up.
Dasani, Ciel, and Smartwater
In response to shifting consumer preferences for healthier beverage options, The Coca-Cola Company introduced several bottled water options.
- Dasani – a line of filtered bottled water first released in 1999.
- Ciel – purified bottled water sold in Mexico, Angola, and Morocco. The company also released a mineral water alternative called Ciel Mineralizada in several markets.
- Smartwater – which became part of the Coca-Cola range after the company acquired Glacéau in 2007 for $4.1 billion. Smartwater is vapor-distilled bottled water enriched with added electrolytes.
Powerade is a sports drink that rose to prominence after becoming the official drink of the Seoul 1988 Olympics.
In North American and elsewhere, Powerade competes with Gatorade – a sports beverage owned by PepsiCo.
Innocent Drinks is a company producing smoothies and juices for supermarkets, cafés, and various other food and drink outlets. The company sells juice consisting of whole crushed fruit and does not use fruit concentrates. It also sells vegan nut and oat drinks and coconut water.
Though founded in the United Kingdom in 1998, Coca-Cola took a minor stake in the company in 2009. This stake increased to over 90% in 2013.
Minute Maid and Simply Orange
Coca-Cola acquired Minute Maid in 1960, marking its first acquisition of a non-carbonated beverage brand. Minute Maid is perhaps most associated with orange juice, but the company sells over 100 different juices and juice drinks.
In 2001, the Minute Maid division of Coca-Cola then launched the Simply Orange Juice Company. Simply Orange is a more premium orange juice because it uses computer modeling to blend different orange juice sources and maintain a consistent taste year-round.
- The Coca-Cola Company is an American multinational beverage corporation founded in 1892 by pharmacist Asa Griggs Candler. From a single cola beverage, the company now owns over 500 different brands.
- Coca-Cola and Diet Coke occupy two of the top five bestselling carbonated drinks worldwide. Two of the oldest brands the company owns are Fanta and Sprite.
- In response to the healthier drink trend, Coca-Cola released Dasani, Ciel, and Smartwater bottled water. The company also owns sports drink Powerade, smoothie brand Innocent Drinks, and orange juice brands Minute Maid and Simply Orange.
Read Also: Coca-Cola Business Model, Coca-Cola SWOT Analysis, Coca-Cola PESTEL Analysis, Coca-Cola’s Business And Distribution Strategy, Coca-Cola Mission Statement and Vision Statement, Coca-Cola Vs. Pepsi.
Main Free Guides: