ChatGPT has undoubtedly taken the world by storm – but it is by no means the only such AI tool in existence. With the model often unavailable because of its immense popularity, some may be tempted to search for a more reliable alternative that also offers additional features.
Here are just a few of them.
ChatSonic is a pre-trained dialogue response generation model built for multi-turn (back-and-forth) conversations. ChatSonic is one of the best ChatGPT alternatives since it offers Google integration and provides results based on current topics or real-time info.
According to developer WriteSonic, ChatSonic brings “the knowledge of a sage, the conversation skills of a therapist, the wit of a stand-up comedian, a data scientist’s problem-solving abilities, and a novelist’s creativity.”
Note that ChatSonic has been built on top of ChatGPT and thus could be considered a more feature-rich version. However, ChatSonic’s ability to access the internet means it is more likely to provide accurate information. It also remembers previous conversations and comes with 16 different personas should the user want to converse with someone different.
Google Bard was released in February 2023 as an experimental conversation AI service. Powered by a more basic version of its Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA), Bard provides fresh, high-quality results from information on the web. This affords it an advantage over ChatGPT whose data set only contains information up to 2021.
Bard is currently in the hands of a few “trusted testers” and there is scope that it could be incorporated into aspects of Google search soon. For the moment, the company is conducting internal tests to ensure the AI’s responses meet standards for quality, safety, and groundedness.
After Microsoft’s substantial investment in OpenAI in 2019, it revamped the Bing search engine to be powered by an updated version of ChatGPT. Microsoft called it Prometheus and claimed it was the fastest and most accurate released to date.
One of the new features of Bing is a chat mode where users can ask for contextual information about web queries. Users can also ask the AI for advice or assistance with various tasks. For example, they can ask it to plan a vacation trip, create a three-course menu, write poems, or find a music festival.
Jasper is an AI writing software tool and one of the most popular on the market aside from ChatSonic. Jasper is trained on vast amounts of data up to Summer 2021 and enables users to create content more efficiently.
Jasper also remembers conversations to increase context and its interface is similar in appearance to ChatGPT. Like ChatGPT, however, it does not provide factual, up-to-date content, personality selection, voice commands, or API access.
At present, it is only available to paid subscribers with prices dependent on the number of output words. For 100,000 words per month, for example, Jasper costs around $82.
Chinchilla is another ChatGPT alternative that offers additional features and advantages. Developed by researchers at DeepMind, the 70-billion-parameter Chinchilla outperforms Gopher (280 billion parameters), GPT-3 (175 billion), and Jurassic-1 (178 billion) on a range of downstream evaluation tasks.
Chinchilla is an ideal choice for those who need a model for reasoning or to complete more complex art, search engine, and writing tasks. The model is easy to implement because it requires much less computing power for inference and fine-tuning.
Access to Chinchilla is somewhat limited, however. Interested parties will need to contact DeepMind for availability and pricing.
In short, through Claude AI, you can engage in very dynamic conversations, similar to ChatGPT. However, Claude AI has some guardrails that make it less prone to hallucinate or give non-factual answers.
Poe was launched by Quora as an independent product. This is an AI conversational interface, available as an iPhone app, making two types of bots available: unconstrained (pretty much OpenAI’s GPT) and constrained (Claude AI).
In short, Poe leverages a simple, mobile-friendly UX to make it possible to have conversations with ChatGPT and Claude AI.
- ChatGPT has undoubtedly taken the world by storm – but it is by no means the only such AI tool in existence or indeed the most feature-rich.
- ChatSonic is a dialogue response generation model built for multi-turn (back-and-forth) conversation. It is one of the best ChatGPT alternatives since it offers Google integration and provides results based on current topics or real-time info.
- Other ChatGPT alternatives include DeepMind’s Chinchilla, Google’s Bard, an updated version of Microsoft Bing, and writing-assistant Jasper.
- ChatSonic: A more feature-rich version of ChatGPT, offering Google integration, real-time information, and the ability to remember previous conversations with 16 different personas.
- Google Bard: Powered by a basic version of LaMDA, Bard provides fresh, high-quality results from the web, surpassing ChatGPT in terms of up-to-date information.
- Microsoft Bing: Revamped with an updated version of ChatGPT called Prometheus, Bing offers a chat mode for contextual information and assistance with various tasks.
- Jasper: A popular AI writing software tool, trained on data up to Summer 2021, enabling users to create content more efficiently, but lacking up-to-date information and other features.
- Chinchilla: Developed by DeepMind, this 70-billion-parameter model outperforms GPT-3 on reasoning and complex tasks, and requires less computing power for inference and fine-tuning.
- Claude AI: Created by Anthropic, Claude AI is a constrained chatbot interface with safety features to avoid hallucination or non-factual answers.
- Poe: Launched by Quora, Poe offers an AI conversational interface with unconstrained and constrained bots (similar to ChatGPT and Claude AI) available as an iPhone app.
Connected Business Model Analyses
Stability AI Ecosystem