- In 2018, revenue was $80 billion.
- Revenue decreased to $77 billion in 2019.
- In 2020, revenue dropped further to $73.62 billion.
- The revenue saw a significant decline in 2021, reaching $57.35 billion.
- In 2022, revenue experienced a slight increase, amounting to $60.53 billion.
- In 2022, the software segment generated $25,037 million in revenue, accounting for approximately 41.36% of total revenue.
- Consulting services contributed $19,107 million, representing around 31.56% of the total revenue.
- The infrastructure segment accounted for $15,288 million in revenue, comprising about 25.27% of the total revenue.
- Financing activities brought in a comparatively smaller revenue of $645 million, which is approximately 1.07% of the total revenue.
- Other sources of revenue amounted to $453 million, making up roughly 0.75% of the total revenue.
- Software revenue increased from $23.42 billion in 2021 to $25 billion in 2022, resulting in a 6.73% growth year over year.
- Consulting revenue grew from $17.84 billion in 2021 to $19.1 billion in 2022, reflecting a 7.08% growth year over year.
- Infrastructure revenue rose from $14.2 billion in 2021 to $15.3 billion in 2022, indicating a 7.75% growth year over year.
- Financing revenue declined from $0.774 billion in 2021 to $0.645 billion in 2022, showing a -16.67% decrease year over year.
- Other revenue experienced a significant drop from $1.12 billion in 2021 to $0.453 billion in 2022, resulting in a -59.55% decrease year over year.
Related Visual Stories
IBM Revenue Breakdown