Shazam alternatives comprise apps like SoundHound and Musixmatch for song identification. Music streaming on platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music. And online radio stations like Pandora and iHeartRadio, or use voice assistants like Siri, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa for music-related tasks.
|Alternative||Key Features||Core Strengths||Weaknesses|
|SoundHound||1. Music Recognition: Identify songs by humming or singing. 2. Lyrics: Display song lyrics.||– Offers song recognition by humming or singing, making it versatile. – Provides song lyrics in real-time. – Supports hands-free voice commands. – Allows users to add songs to playlists and explore music recommendations. – Available on various platforms.||– May not have as extensive a database as Shazam for identifying less popular or obscure songs. – Free version may have limitations on the number of song recognitions per month. – Some advanced features may require a premium subscription. – Interface and user experience may vary across platforms.|
|Musixmatch||1. Lyrics: Display song lyrics in real-time. 2. Karaoke Mode: Sing along with lyrics.||– Specializes in displaying song lyrics in real-time. – Offers a karaoke mode for users to sing along with lyrics. – Syncs lyrics with music streaming apps like Spotify and Apple Music. – Provides translations for lyrics in multiple languages. – Available on mobile devices and desktop.||– Primarily focused on displaying lyrics and may not offer song recognition features. – Limited database compared to dedicated song recognition apps. – Some users may prefer a more comprehensive music identification solution. – May have occasional inaccuracies in lyric synchronization.|
|Beatfind||1. Music Recognition: Identify songs by sound. 2. Playlist Creation: Create playlists.||– Offers music recognition features for identifying songs by sound. – Allows users to create and customize playlists. – Provides information about recognized songs, artists, and albums. – Offers a user-friendly interface for quick song identification. – Supports offline mode.||– May not have the same extensive database as dedicated song recognition apps. – Limited features compared to more comprehensive music apps. – Advanced features like lyrics and artist information may be limited. – User interface may vary in terms of design and user experience.|
|TrackID||1. Music Recognition: Identify songs by sound. 2. History: Keep a record of recognized songs.||– Offers song recognition by sound, allowing users to identify songs quickly. – Keeps a history of recognized songs for easy reference. – Provides additional information about recognized tracks, including album art and artist details. – Available on mobile devices.||– May not have as extensive a music database as some dedicated music recognition apps. – Limited features compared to all-in-one music streaming and identification platforms. – Some advanced features like lyrics may be missing. – Updates and support may be less frequent compared to other apps.|
|AHA Music||1. Music Recognition: Identify songs by sound. 2. Browser Extension: Web-based identification.||– Offers music recognition by sound, making it suitable for quick song identification. – Provides a browser extension for identifying songs while browsing the web. – Supports integration with various music streaming platforms. – Offers a simple and user-friendly interface. – Free to use.||– May not have the same extensive database as dedicated music recognition apps. – Limited features compared to more comprehensive music apps. – Advanced features like lyrics and artist information may be limited. – May require an internet connection for web-based identification.|
Music Identification Platforms:
- SoundHound: An app that can identify songs by listening to a few seconds of the audio.
- Musixmatch: A platform that provides song identification and lyrics.
- Audiggle: A software that can recognize music playing on a computer or in the surrounding environment.
Music Streaming Platforms:
- Spotify: A popular music streaming platform with a wide range of songs and personalized playlists.
- Apple Music: Apple’s music streaming service with a large library of songs and integration with Apple devices.
- Amazon Music: Amazon’s music streaming service available for Prime members and as a standalone service.
Online Radio Stations:
- Pandora: A personalized radio platform that creates stations based on user preferences.
- iHeartRadio: An online radio platform offering live radio stations and customized playlists.
- TuneIn: A platform with access to live radio stations, podcasts, and on-demand content.
Music Discovery Apps:
- Last.fm: A platform that tracks users’ music preferences and provides personalized recommendations.
- Deezer: A streaming platform with a vast music library and personalized recommendations.