Larry Page co-founded Google (now Alphabet) together with Sergey Brin. He controls the company tightly via a dual share ownership structure (made of Class A and B stocks). Alphabet is worth over a trillion dollars, valuing Larry Page’s stake in the company at around $70 billion.
How did we calculate Larry Page’s net worth?
We assume and compute Larry Page’s net worth primarily based on his ownership stake in Alphabet, his largest holding (though he also owns other assets).
According to official financial data, our estimate was based on 300,758,936 shares of Class A common stock and 44,404,426 shares of Class B common stock outstanding on April 5, 2022.
The market cap has been computed based on March’s 2023 data of a 1.23 trillion dollars market cap.
Larry Page ownership % =
(Class B shares owned by Larry Page are 19,494,224 / Total outstanding shares are 345,163,362) * 100 Larry’s ownership % = (19,494,224 / 345,163,362) * 100 ≈ 5.65%
Larry Page’s ownership stake value:
Larry’s ownership % / 100) * Market cap Ownership value = (5.65 / 100) * $1.23 trillion ≈ $69.545 trillion
Larry Page’s stake in the company is worth approximately $69.54 billion.
- Larry Page’s Significant Ownership Stake: Larry Page, the co-founder of Alphabet Inc., holds a substantial ownership stake in the company.
- Number of Shares Owned: As of April 5, 2022, Larry Page owns 300,758,936 shares of Class A common stock and 19,494,224 shares of Class B common stock.
- Alphabet’s Market Cap: Alphabet Inc.’s market capitalization, as of March 2023, is estimated to be around $1.23 trillion.
- Larry Page’s Ownership Percentage: To calculate Larry Page’s ownership percentage, we divided the number of Class B shares he owns (19,494,224) by the total outstanding shares (345,163,362) and multiplied it by 100. His ownership percentage is approximately 5.65%.
- Valuation of Larry Page’s Stake: Based on his ownership percentage and the market cap, Larry Page’s stake in Alphabet is valued at around $69.54 billion.
- Additional Assets: Larry Page’s net worth may also include other assets, but his primary source of wealth is his ownership in Alphabet.
Related To Google
Related Net Worth Case Studies
Eduardo Saverin Net WorthEduardo Saverin Net Worth