Content marketing isn’t as easy as many think. Producing high-value quality content is one thing; winning leads over and ensuring conversions is quite another. While working your way through the content marketing journey, you will most likely encounter a lot of challenges. On the flip side, however, its advantages are so numerous and beneficial that the obstacles faced become seemingly negligible.
Some content marketers are limited by technology. Others, on the other hand, have adequate technology but can’t use it to its full potential.
Interestingly, a study by the folks at Review 42 revealed that only 18% claimed they had the right technology to manage their content marketing efforts. Another 45% claimed they had the right technology but weren’t using it to its full potential.
Driving Traffic and Generating Leads
Most online customers often do their research online before sticking to a particular brand or buying a particular product. So, you need to develop an online presence to be found.
Simply generating good content isn’t enough anymore. You must promote the content you create. In fact, most successful content marketers spend 80% of their time on content promotion and only 20% on content creation.
Social Media Algorithm Changes
Nothing scares marketers more than a change in the algorithm of their social media challenge. 2011 came with its own fair share of changes in social media algorithms, affecting the way content marketers carry out their content marketing campaigns.
Take, for example, the change in Facebook’s algorithm. The social media giant announced users would now see more news from friends, family, and groups rather than news from businesses and brands.
Also, content that was intentionally provocative or sensationalist was demoted and, by extension, so was its organic reach.
Content marketers today are faced with scores of challenges. But finding answers to these challenges can help run successful content marketing campaigns.
Check out the infographic below to get a better view of the challenges faced by marketers such as data privacy/regulations, staffing and changes to SEO algorithms, among others, to find a way out of the difficulties.
Other business resources:
- What Is a Business Model? 30 Successful Types of Business Models You Need to Know
- The Complete Guide To Business Development
- Business Strategy: Definition, Examples, And Case Studies
- What Is a Business Model Canvas? Business Model Canvas Explained
- Blitzscaling Business Model Innovation Canvas In A Nutshell
- What Is a Value Proposition? Value Proposition Canvas Explained
- What Is a Lean Startup Canvas? Lean Startup Canvas Explained
- What Is Market Segmentation? the Ultimate Guide to Market Segmentation
- Marketing Strategy: Definition, Types, And Examples
- Marketing vs. Sales: How to Use Sales Processes to Grow Your Business
- How To Write A Mission Statement
- What is Growth Hacking?
- Growth Hacking Canvas: A Glance At The Tools To Generate Growth Ideas